This dish is one of my family’s all time favourites. It combines garlic buttery chicken with fresh vegetables and soft egg noodles in a delicious salty broth. It’s amazing on a damp, cold day like today. The rain had fallen all day long and the ground is still frozen. It made for one of those bone chilling, body chills kind of days.
This soup is so easy to make. It only takes about half an hour to put together but it tastes like it’s been simmering forever. The key to it is to season the yummy chicken and cook the vegetables until they’re soft before adding the broth. They soak in the yummy garlic butter flavor and it just gives it a bit more of a kick. So good!
I won’t keep blabbing away as I’m sure you’re searching for the recipe. It pairs well with fresh bread or biscuits with butter. So delicious. Enjoy and let me know below if you make it!
Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups of egg noodles
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken, celery and onion. Cook until everything is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and cook for another thirty seconds, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn.
- Add chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil and reduce to low-medium.
- Add egg noodles, basil, oregano and shredded carrot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let the soup simmer for 20 or so minutes, stirring occasionally over low-medium heat.
- Serve immediately.