I pride myself on being an individual. I have my own personality that I’ve carefully and meticulously cultivated as my own, despite influence from others. I’m a big believer in the saying “it takes a village” which essentially means a group of influential people are vital to properly raising a child.
This weeks question asks me to describe the similarities I share with my parents. This could be interpreted in many different ways. How are our personalities similar? Our child rearing opinions? Hobbies? Then the second part of the questions asks me to describe our key differences. No problem.
- We aren’t afraid to stand up for ourselves. My parents are both very head strong, and they don’t have any issues defending themselves or their opinion if need be.
- We all enjoy our solitude. I look forward to sitting alone in the evening reading a book, binging on Netflix, writing or researching my family history. My mother and father also enjoy their alone time (watching sports and reading respectively).
- My father and I both love to grocery shop (my mother loathes the grocery store).
- My mom and I enjoy taking the dogs and kids for walks on nice days (my father prefers the couch).
- We all love playing board games, although it takes longer to coax my parents into playing them.
- We’re all big home bodies.
- My father and mother are both very different politically. I lean somewhere in between the two of them.
- I have a great passion for genealogy and I love researching my family. My dad and mom will only engage if the discoveries are about their specific families.
- My dad loves sports, particularly football. Snooze.
- My mom is fluent in Spanish as well as English. I wish I could speak Spanish.
These are just a few of the similarities and differences between my parents and I. What similarities and differences do you share with your family? Let me know below.