This is such a fun idea for a spring afternoon snack! It’s super healthy, can be modified by using different ingredients and you have the world of creativity at your disposal. Need to entertain older children? Give them the materials they need to create their “bugs” and let them go to town. It’s such a fun and delicious way to prepare for an afternoon of adventure!
What I Used
- Banana slices in half
- Blueberries cut in half
- Pretzel sticks
- Chocolate chips for eyes
- Sides (I used strawberries as “leaves”)
What to Do
- Cut the banana in half. Place half on each plate.
- Poke pretzel sticks into banana to create legs.
- Place cut blueberries on top of the banana as “spots.”
- Add two chocolate chip eyes.
- Finish it off by placing the bug on a bed of leaves (strawberries).
What other kinds of bugs could you create? Let me know down below!