This is such a simple art activity that is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! Hopefully it brings you some good luck and good fortune. The littles will enjoy personalizing it to make it their own.
What You Need:
- Black construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
- Pencil or piece of chalk
- White glue
- Paintbrushes or glue spreaders
Optional – decorative items (glitter, chalk, sequins etc)
How to Make It
1. Hand draw a cauldron shape or search for one online and trace it onto the black paper. Cut it out. Cut out small circles from the yellow paper about the size of a quarter.
2. Give the children the glue and paintbrushes/glue spreaders and instruct them to either apply the glue directly to the cauldron (younger toddlers) or onto one side of each coin (older children). Stick the coins onto the cauldron.
3. Decorate the cauldrons with the extra materials and let dry. All done!
The children have a lot of fun with this activity and it allows them to work on their fine motor skills, problem solving and following directions while also allowing them to explore their own creativity.