One of my favourite things in the colder months is to enjoy freshly baked goods. My level of expertise in regards to baking is subpar, and 9/10 something will go wrong. Baking is science. Baking is placing the ingredients in the correct order, at the correct speed, at the correct temperature and everything is calculated down to the teaspoon. If you miss a step, mix it too much, or let two ingredients touch that shouldn’t the entire baked good could be wrong.
This banana bread recipe is so easy that even I figured it out the first time I made it. It’s moist, delicious and so satisfying with a glass of milk on a cold winter night.
Start by creaming together the butter and the sugar. This will make it easier to mix in the remainder of the ingredients and it makes sure that everything is evenly spread.
Mix in the eggs, and then begin mixing in the dry ingredients. Once everything is well incorporated, add the vanilla and additional toppings. I typically use semi sweet chocolate chips to make it even more sweet. Yum.
Pour it into a greased loaf baking dish, and bake at 400 for an hour. Check on it frequently 45 minutes and up so you don’t burn or over cook it.
And voila! Delicious banana bread. Serve warm with some cold milk on the side. Mmmm.
Easy Peasy Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and 1 cup of sugar in a medium bowl.
- Mix in the two eggs and two mashed bananas until well incorporated.
- In a large bowl, mix together the baking soda, salt and flour. Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf baking dish and bake for 1 hour at 400 degrees. Check frequently after 45 minutes and check with a skewer until it comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!