The cool weather is quickly approaching and the leaves are beginning to change color. I was looking for a simple activity that would help my toddlers understand the changing season and all that comes with it!
I have a lot of mature trees on my property, and the leaves are already beginning to change color and fall to the ground. We have had one chilly day, and my toddlers learned that the temperatures will soon be much cooler than what they’re used to! This sparked an idea for a craft for my fall theme.
This activity was fun and easy for my toddlers to do! I simplified it a bit for the younger children, and it worked out great. The trees are super cute and they were very proud of the end result!
Autumn Tree Craft for Fall
What you need:
- Green construction paper
- Paint in fall colors (red, yellow)
- Toilet paper rolls (1/2 of one for each tree)
- Glue gun
- Paint brushes or sponges
- Pen or marker
What to do:
- Give each child half of a standard piece of construction paper, a paint brush and the two different colors of paint. Allow them to design their tree how they want!
- Let the papers dry.
- Hand draw a cloud shape on the back of the papers, and cut it out.
- Cut each toilet paper tube in half, and write their name and the date on the inside.
- Hot glue the toilet paper roll to the bottom of the tree shape.
- Allow to full dry and voila!